Willowglen

For organised competitions & events Australia wide.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Willowglen

Postby jeepers » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:50 pm

Just throwing this one out there.Willowglen is on the Oct long weekend.Its a club team event consisiting of 4 vehicles per team.Should we look into this as an alternative to Rover Park.I have the comp bug and this is a bigger event.Heres a link to the info

http://www.tlcc.com.au/html/competitor_info.HTM
jeepers
TOURER
TOURER

Postby thebludger » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:42 pm

something to think about anyway less of a drive too
Im not a gyno but ill take a look at it for you!

Its a GQ thing, everyone understands

TOMORROW IS NEVER GUARANTEED
thebludger
TOURER
TOURER

Postby bludgerswife » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:58 pm

As long as we go somewhere then I'm easy. I've already booked the camper trailer regardless of what choice we make.

Anyhow the basic stuff for the Willowglen Challenge is as follows

This year’s Challenge will again see more than 20 teams competing from various registered 4WD Clubs from NSW & ACT. Each team will consist of 4 competing vehicles and a non compulsory reserve vehicle. There will be two vehicle classes – Cross Country Drivers Association’s Touring & Challenge with Willowglen Challenge Supplementary Rules.

In order to compete you must be a member of a registered 4WD club. Applications will be open to all teams from 13 July 2009 and Team entries will close on 21 August 2009.

Entry fee per competing vehicle is $200 (including the reserve vehicle if you choose to include one as part of your team). The fee includes entry to Willowglen for a driver & navigator and partners (4 people in all), your competition entry fees, and camping fees. The total fee payable for a team of 4 vehicles is $800.

Teams will consist of four (4) competing vehicles and a non-compulsory reserve from any registered 4WD club.

All drivers, navigators and team managers need to be members of the Cross Country Driver’s Association.

Why can’t the Team Manager compete?
This is important from an Event Management perspective. It is essential that the Event Management has access to a representative (ie the Team Manager) of the club at all times during the competition. This is not possible if the Team Manager is a competitor.

CCDA event rules can be located at http://www.ccda4wd.com.au/images/CCDAFW ... portV8.pdf

Ros Image

Tassie 4wd
Complete Website Solutions

"Choice not chance determines our destiny"

Some mornings I wake up grumpy ... but most mornings I let him sleep in.
__________________ __________________
Proud Owner of AllAussie4x4.com & Tassie4wd.com
bludgerswife
LOCKED N LOADED
LOCKED N LOADED

Postby bludgerswife » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:05 pm

Ros Image

Tassie 4wd

bludgerswife
LOCKED N LOADED
LOCKED N LOADED

Postby jeepers » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:53 am

Just throwing it out there! there are classes so may mean the carnage tracks are left to the big boys.But the CCDA membership would be a problem for us so Octoberfest may be the better option.
jeepers
TOURER
TOURER

Postby bludgerswife » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:16 pm

jeepers creepers wrote:Just throwing it out there! there are classes so may mean the carnage tracks are left to the big boys.But the CCDA membership would be a problem for us so Octoberfest may be the better option.

There are 2 classes, touring and challenge....

Why would CCDA membership be a problem for us?

Willowglen is more focused on having a serious competition whereas Octoberfest is more focused on having a fun competition, if that makes sense!

When it comes down to it then for this year I'd prefer Rover Park as it's the last time Octoberfest will be held there and it is most likely the last one.

We could put Willowglen up for consideration next year, there's also other comps I'd like the club to look into such as the Toperi Challenge.

Just my thoughts

Cheers
Ros Image

Tassie 4wd

bludgerswife
LOCKED N LOADED
LOCKED N LOADED

Postby jeepers » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:33 pm

bludgerswife wrote:
jeepers creepers wrote:Just throwing it out there! there are classes so may mean the carnage tracks are left to the big boys.But the CCDA membership would be a problem for us so Octoberfest may be the better option.

There are 2 classes, touring and challenge....

Why would CCDA membership be a problem for us?

Willowglen is more focused on having a serious competition whereas Octoberfest is more focused on having a fun competition, if that makes sense!

When it comes down to it then for this year I'd prefer Rover Park as it's the last time Octoberfest will be held there and it is most likely the last one.

We could put Willowglen up for consideration next year, there's also other comps I'd like the club to look into such as the Toperi Challenge.

Just my thoughts

Cheers

I agree Ros.Just planting the seed.Would like to enter Willowglen but can wait for next year.Would be good to do Rover again.I can never get enough of that place.
jeepers
TOURER
TOURER

Postby TUFFGQ » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:08 pm

That sounds alright. Any more info on the classes and event types?
TUFFGQ
SAND MINER
SAND MINER

Return to COMPS & EVENTS