quick wheel @ seahampton 2day

Day Trips and Forum meet ups

Moderator: Moderator Team

quick wheel @ seahampton 2day

Postby OGJON » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:09 pm

went for a wheel out @ seahampton 2day was on my own so nothing too extreme
found this lil hill thought it would be too hard for my unlocked Terracan but had a crack @ it anyway & to my surprise made it up did the left hand side no probs so came back around & tried the far right & with just a small amount of rock stacking also made it up & as always pix don't tell how steep it is or how big the rock steps really are(some of you might think this hill is easy, but for me this is the hardest hill I've driven so far & I didn't think my IFS rig would get up it but since I made it up I've fallen in love with my rig even more & can't believe the capabilities of it even with just a LSD rear & open ifs, I guess my Terracan is more capable off road than I am LOL):

then on my way home stopped in for a play in the hillborough quarry(must say the rear end sure does seem to work quite well :lol:)

OGJON
SHOW PONY
SHOW PONY

ok then

Postby stormpatrol » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:10 pm

heya ogjon i know were that hill is mate and yer are right pics dont tell the whole story gotta be there , and there are sum great climbs in this area as a few of us know :shock: go the terra
DILLIGAF / STEREO BY SIMEX / RIP JLDN/ XRO joke
stormpatrol
RUT NUT
RUT NUT

Re: ok then

Postby OGJON » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:26 pm

stormpatrol wrote:heya ogjon i know were that hill is mate and yer are right pics dont tell the whole story gotta be there , and there are sum great climbs in this area as a few of us know :shock: go the terra

yeah was driving around saw the hill got out had a bit of a walk up part of it & thought what a ripper of a hill, I'm on my own but what the heck I give it a crack, about 3/4 of the way up on the right hand side I had to do some stacking & believe me when my front end popped up into the air over the step & moved to the left out came "oh $h!t :shock:, don't roll, don't roll" but the trusty old LSD kept me moving forward & up the hill with the drivers wheel hanging in the air for a few secs before coming back down as the rear climbed up the step.

I wanna go back to this area some time with some of you guys on here & have a crack @ some of the other hills that are similar to this one
I think I've got a bit more confidence with my rig now, but I'm not sure about my driving @ least if I'm with others it'll be better knowing I've got someone there to help out if I get stuck.
Last edited by OGJON on Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OGJON
SHOW PONY
SHOW PONY

Postby stormpatrol » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:29 pm

"oh $h!t , don't roll, don't roll" but the trusty old LSD kept me moving forward & up the hill with the drivers wheel hanging in the air for a few secs before coming back down as the rear climbed up the step. ITS CALLED THE PUCKER FACTOR HE HE :D
stormpatrol
RUT NUT
RUT NUT

Postby OGJON » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:37 pm

yup & the pucker factor was quite high
but it sure felt gr8 to make it up the hill

I think I'm gonna save my $$ & get the F&R ARB air lockers fitted :twisted:
OGJON
SHOW PONY
SHOW PONY

YO

Postby stormpatrol » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:46 pm

will have to tag along on one of your trips mate, when are u runnin another one :)
stormpatrol
RUT NUT
RUT NUT

Re: YO

Postby OGJON » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:58 pm

stormpatrol wrote:will have to tag along on one of your trips mate, when are u runnin another one :)

atm prob won't be able to do a proper forum trip until April prob Sunday 4th

thinking of doing a hillsborough quarry trip
to cater for everyone with trucks ranging from stock to mild/wild
as most would know hillsborough quarry has all sorts of stuff to keep everyone ocupied
OGJON
SHOW PONY
SHOW PONY

Return to DAY TRIPS & MEET UPS