Camper Trailer for Hire

From camping spots to camping supplies, accessories, survival gear to campfire/bush tucker recipes!

Moderator: Moderator Team

Camper Trailer for Hire

Postby G Unit » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:04 pm

Hey,

I had a few people asking about the trailer i hired to take to black rat so i though i'd put a bit of info in here.

The trailer was well worth the $260 for the long weekend. There was plenty of room for storage and also when set up Keyana and I had heaps of room to move. It kept us warm and dry, not bad considering it got to 1 degree on the first night.

Set up was easy (once we got it level) and even for the first time in the dark it was up fairly quickly.

Towing it was also easy as. Most of the time i didnt even notice it was there. It didnt sway or clunk around and the only time i felt it was there was going up decent hills where if the motor fell below 2000rpm it wanted a new gear straight away. Little hills were fine as long as i got it boosted up before hand it held pressure long enough to get e over. Stopping it was easy too. Only on very steep decents did i feel the extra 600kg pushing me along. Fuel consumption was surprisingly good. Considering i usually get approx 14L/100km it only went up to 15.5L/100km for the trip up and back plus the weekends driving.

Coming home we went away from the main drag and had about 20km or so of unsealed road. It was wet and corrogated in places but again didnt feel any vibrations or arguments coming from the tralier. Outside it was filthy, but everything stored in side was dry and clean.

Anyone interested in checking one out, have a look for Johnos campers online or the are currently based at the Caltex at Raymond Terrace. The people were really good in letting me pick it up a day early to start packing and bring it back a day late with no extra fees.

I'll definately be getting one next time we head away again.

Paul
I owe, I owe, its off to work i go...
G Unit
SHOW PONY
SHOW PONY

Postby thebludger » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:25 pm

nice one paul we have talked about it and the next big trip away we'll get one too :D
Im not a gyno but ill take a look at it for you!

Its a GQ thing, everyone understands

TOMORROW IS NEVER GUARANTEED
thebludger
TOURER
TOURER

Postby Wineandmud » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:42 pm

Paul you forgot to mention what make/model it was. It looked the goods and damn I was pissed off at you when you strolled out of ur camper in tshirt/boxers. My friggin tent had icicles on it, both outside AND inside!
80 Series on roids with bling-The big white rocket
84 Lux dual cab locked
R.I.P DMB
Gone but not forgotten

http://www.xtreme4x4.net.au/service.html
Wineandmud
SUPER SWAMPER
SUPER SWAMPER

Postby thebludger » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:47 pm

Wineandmud wrote:Paul you forgot to mention what make/model it was. It looked the goods and damn I was pissed off at you when you strolled out of ur camper in tshirt/boxers. My friggin tent had icicles on it, both outside AND inside!

[pmsl] Darren you needed this mate [camping]
Im not a gyno but ill take a look at it for you!

Its a GQ thing, everyone understands

TOMORROW IS NEVER GUARANTEED
thebludger
TOURER
TOURER

Postby G Unit » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:27 pm

Wineandmud wrote:Paul you forgot to mention what make/model it was. It looked the goods and damn I was pissed off at you when you strolled out of ur camper in tshirt/boxers. My friggin tent had icicles on it, both outside AND inside!

These trailers were made by Johnno's Trailers (built in QLD) and the model we hired was the Odd Road Premier. The have a "Light Premier" for hire as well for hire and a copuple more up spec models for purchase only.

For more info, have a look at www.campertralier.com.au
I owe, I owe, its off to work i go...
G Unit
SHOW PONY
SHOW PONY

Return to CAMPING-CAMPING GEAR-CAMPFIRE COOKING