My Runner Build

Got a build-up or ongoing project happening? Tell us about it here

Moderator: Moderator Team

Postby thebludger » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:20 pm

the hill climb pics look good too :D

where was that at Jase
Im not a gyno but ill take a look at it for you!

Its a GQ thing, everyone understands

TOMORROW IS NEVER GUARANTEED
thebludger
TOURER
TOURER

Postby 4BJASE » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:55 pm

Near Freemans... You get off the freeway on the freemans exit and turn down Baker rd and jump on the power line track on the right and it takes you into the quarry... Its the same spot that G-Unit went through that deep water in the youtube video.

I was really happy with my efforts on the day, made it up all the hills and down again :wink:
4BJASE
DAY TRIPPER
DAY TRIPPER

Postby thebludger » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:13 pm

4BJASE wrote:Near Freemans... You get off the freeway on the freemans exit and turn down Baker rd and jump on the power line track on the right and it takes you into the quarry... Its the same spot that G-Unit went through that deep water in the youtube video.

I was really happy with my efforts on the day, made it up all the hills and down again :wink:

goodstuff mate :D
Im not a gyno but ill take a look at it for you!

Its a GQ thing, everyone understands

TOMORROW IS NEVER GUARANTEED
thebludger
TOURER
TOURER

Postby 4BJASE » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:32 am

Got a custom leaf pack and new shocks going in today!! Only 4 leaves and im not to sure what the shocks are but I know that they are longer than my ones :P

Other than that only other recent change was a clutch slave cylinder was destroyed due to a large burnout on a Downunder 4x4 forum run a couple of weeks ago... The trip that those last pics where taken lol Nobody could see for smoke hahaha Was on some random tarmac going underneath the freeway heading out towards (or on, not sure lol) Sugarloaf Range Rd!!

I will post pics of new found flex when jobs complete :wink:
4BJASE
DAY TRIPPER
DAY TRIPPER

Postby 4BJASE » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:04 pm

Hey all haven't posted in a while, been busy with babys and work...

New additions... (No pics as yet...)

Sunraysias (again :? ) but with 33s :D (yes these ones aren't bald!)Bought a rear lokka, putting it in next week end along with new radiator.

Never bothered doing the leaf pack due to not having longer shocks but still have it and will get there one day lol hopefully soon! Also want to look into a 2 or 3 inch bodylift!
4BJASE
DAY TRIPPER
DAY TRIPPER

Postby TUFFGQ » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:11 pm

Nice one.. Oi I've seen a runner excatly like urs getting around with similar stickers or maybe it is you :?
TUFFGQ
SAND MINER
SAND MINER

Postby bludgerswife » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:14 pm

Tyres with tread, good one Jase [bigthumbsup]
Ros Image

Tassie 4wd
Complete Website Solutions

"Choice not chance determines our destiny"

Some mornings I wake up grumpy ... but most mornings I let him sleep in.
__________________ __________________
Proud Owner of AllAussie4x4.com & Tassie4wd.com
bludgerswife
LOCKED N LOADED
LOCKED N LOADED

Postby Greylux » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:29 pm

Never bothered doing the leaf pack due to not having longer shocks but still have it and will get there one day lol hopefully soon! Also want to look into a 2 or 3 inch bodylift!

I've got some shocks for you mate , Tough dog foam cells to suit 2 inch lift for IFS. done 20 000k on them still in excellent condition. cant use them got 4" lift now $ 200 for the 4 mate. The're $160 each new. :D
Cheers mate simon
ps love the exhaust note on ur rig
2002 Hilux cab-chassis locked front and rear
Greylux
DAY TRIPPER
DAY TRIPPER

Postby 4BJASE » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:32 pm

Yeah there's another one like mine kicking around, I think its a petrol though... Yeah I don't feel right with all that tread... Im sure my heavy foot will fix that :P

Shocks.... Let me consult... THE MISSUS... (Doing this usually ends in a sore cheek but new stuff :P )

I took the rig out last night in Morisset hospital... I will post up some videos... Really need lift... Scrubs hard... Should of thought bout the fact the 31s were missing by 3 or 4 mm :P

I'll get onto those vids...
4BJASE
DAY TRIPPER
DAY TRIPPER

Postby 4BJASE » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:51 am

4BJASE
DAY TRIPPER
DAY TRIPPER

Postby Wineandmud » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:52 pm

What width tyres are you running? If it's 12.5 then you may need to cut the inner guards. Funny , last time i was at Morriset I had the exact same problem on the lux :D . Jase when are ya gunna post an all aussie run through morriset???
80 Series on roids with bling-The big white rocket
84 Lux dual cab locked
R.I.P DMB
Gone but not forgotten

http://www.xtreme4x4.net.au/service.html
Wineandmud
SUPER SWAMPER
SUPER SWAMPER

Postby 4BJASE » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:34 pm

Here are the rest of thoses vids... Got side tracked lol

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=iYMfRjbYJOw

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=sT0877JZ15o

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=bT5TrZ4VGiI

This is my mates runner... (Twin Locked on 35s)

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=Cp6ILw4rBZo

Anyway, got my rear lokka in now... Works good... specially with light rain and a slippery intersection when you're not expecting it to kick lol :lol:
4BJASE
DAY TRIPPER
DAY TRIPPER

Postby 4BJASE » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:38 pm

Wineandmud wrote:What width tyres are you running?

Yeah I need to cut the back REALLY bad lol

Wineandmud wrote:Jase when are ya gunna post an all aussie run through morriset???

Very soon I hope, just getting christmas out of the way!
4BJASE
DAY TRIPPER
DAY TRIPPER

Time for an update

Postby 4BJASE » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:20 pm

Well trucks changed a bit.. I haven't got the current pics of it but I will get some up once I take them... Here are a couple of the progress pics though...

This is just the base coat:
(Mad blury pic off my mates phone lol)

The current plans are:

PAINT:
Trucks going black with a bluey purpley peral
Custom graphics to both sides and tailgate promoting my clothing company "Murder Ink Apparel" which will be HOPEFULLY up and running really soon :wink:

EXTERIOR/ BODY:
All dents have been fixed :oops: and tailgate MIGHT get shaved... still not sure... Its up to the guy doing it, I said to but he reckons leave it... See what happens... :?
Chrome grille, headlight surounds, 2 piece Toyota Surf bumper, chrome "chopper" style mirrors, chrome door handles, "Hornet" 2 piece bonnet scoop, Chrome cups to sit on bonnet, Dark black window tint :wink:

SUSPENSION:
Hoping to do 4 inch suspension lift and 3 inch body lift, all depends on what the engineer says he will pass... :roll:

INTERIOR:
might have landed myself some cheap RECARO recliners :P for the front... Probably just leave the back how it is... Re-trim everything I can do myself in black and red and building fairly full on boot install for the rear end...

STEREO:
For now.. I have just got a Kenwood MP3 deck, an Orion 12" sub, a Kenwood 350 watt amp, an Aerpro capicitor, 6x9 JVC's and 6" Kenwoods in the front doors... I will build a mild install for the back for now but get crazy with it later.

The plans are to keep the sub, amp, cap and the 6x9s and replace the deck with a flip out DVD screen. Also replace the front 6's with freshys and splits.
32" flat screens just don't cut it in the house these days but they look sick in cars :P so might upgrade that and chuck it in the back amoungst my install which will house the sup, amp and cap...

ENGINE:
I just got my hands on a 253 Holden V8 :twisted: Going to have it rebuilt with a really lumpy cam, high rise manifold with shiny filter to sit nicely into my bonnet scoop. Its got extractors already on it so will hook it up to a nice long straight bit of pipe with twin dupmys sitting together under the tailgate and hope for the best :D Gonna have it all onto my original gearbox so i have been told to tread lightly :twisted:

WHEELS/ TYRES:
I want to get some chrome 15x10.5s and either keeps the 33s if I don't lift or put 35s or even 37s if they fit... Im guessing that with an extra 7 inches total lift I could possibly put them on :shock:

So far the progression of my lil project has steamed along pretty well. Never would have thought I would do this when my truck was laying virtually on its side on tracks :P and now its dead straight again with sweet paint in the making!!

I will update as it goes along... Yes I still plan to do SOME offroad work in it... But very little... When the moneys right I'm getting a live axle hilux :wink:
4BJASE
DAY TRIPPER
DAY TRIPPER

Postby jeepers » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:43 pm

Thats a big list mate
jeepers
TOURER
TOURER

PreviousNext

Return to BUILD UPS & ONGOING PROJECTS