MY 89 GQ LWB

Got a build-up or ongoing project happening? Tell us about it here

Moderator: Moderator Team

Postby Wineandmud » Tue May 26, 2009 9:04 pm

stump wrote:
matto wrote:ever since you gave up on that toyota you seem so much happier now your on the good guys side

i know i've spent some $$$ in the last few weeks on the gq :D

COME ON HE WENT DOWN HILL SINCE GOING TO THE NISSAN WAKE UP MATTO GO THE CRUISER
AND THE HILUX

X2
80 Series on roids with bling-The big white rocket
84 Lux dual cab locked
R.I.P DMB
Gone but not forgotten

http://www.xtreme4x4.net.au/service.html
User avatar
Wineandmud
SUPER SWAMPER
SUPER SWAMPER
 
Posts: 991
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:53 pm
Location: Kurri Kurri

Postby TUFFGQ » Thu May 28, 2009 10:02 pm

What did that beasty looking recovery hook set you back mate?
User avatar
TUFFGQ
SAND MINER
SAND MINER
 
Posts: 520
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:13 pm
Location: Newcastle

Postby thebludger » Fri May 29, 2009 10:08 am

TUFFGQ wrote:What did that beasty looking recovery hook set you back mate?


about $150 bot wont fit unless the bar is off :roll: or cut a hole in it
Im not a gyno but ill take a look at it for you!


Its a GQ thing, everyone understands

TOMORROW IS NEVER GUARANTEED
User avatar
thebludger
TOURER
TOURER
 
Posts: 2638
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:52 am
Location: Right Here

Postby thebludger » Sat May 30, 2009 5:37 pm

heres a pics of the gq

Image

then i cut the front bar to put the recovery point on

Image

Image
Im not a gyno but ill take a look at it for you!


Its a GQ thing, everyone understands

TOMORROW IS NEVER GUARANTEED
User avatar
thebludger
TOURER
TOURER
 
Posts: 2638
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:52 am
Location: Right Here

Postby to_easy » Sat May 30, 2009 6:19 pm

[sensational] just need some lockers now :D
User avatar
to_easy
Patarazzi
Patarazzi
 
Posts: 1748
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:07 pm
Location: NEWCASTLE, NSW

Postby thebludger » Sat May 30, 2009 8:10 pm

to_easy wrote:[sensational] just need some lockers now :D


NAH 35s dont tell ros tho :D
Im not a gyno but ill take a look at it for you!


Its a GQ thing, everyone understands

TOMORROW IS NEVER GUARANTEED
User avatar
thebludger
TOURER
TOURER
 
Posts: 2638
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:52 am
Location: Right Here

Postby to_easy » Sat May 30, 2009 8:13 pm

thebludger wrote:
to_easy wrote:[sensational] just need some lockers now :D


NAH 35s dont tell ros tho :D

pm sent to ros [fu] :D
User avatar
to_easy
Patarazzi
Patarazzi
 
Posts: 1748
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:07 pm
Location: NEWCASTLE, NSW

Postby thebludger » Sat May 30, 2009 8:20 pm

:shock: [bootyshake] [hilarious]
Im not a gyno but ill take a look at it for you!


Its a GQ thing, everyone understands

TOMORROW IS NEVER GUARANTEED
User avatar
thebludger
TOURER
TOURER
 
Posts: 2638
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:52 am
Location: Right Here

Postby thebludger » Sun May 31, 2009 7:50 pm

thebludger wrote:
TUFFGQ wrote:What did that beasty looking recovery hook set you back mate?


about $150 but wont fit unless the bar is off :roll: or cut a hole in it


so i cut the bar
Im not a gyno but ill take a look at it for you!


Its a GQ thing, everyone understands

TOMORROW IS NEVER GUARANTEED
User avatar
thebludger
TOURER
TOURER
 
Posts: 2638
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:52 am
Location: Right Here

Postby jeepers » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:02 am

Glad you got those hooks sorted chris
User avatar
jeepers
TOURER
TOURER
 
Posts: 2114
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:29 pm
Location: Newcastle

Postby thebludger » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:17 pm

put this in the gq it did not have one so it wont suck hot air in off the motor now soon i'll have a snorkel

Image
Im not a gyno but ill take a look at it for you!


Its a GQ thing, everyone understands

TOMORROW IS NEVER GUARANTEED
User avatar
thebludger
TOURER
TOURER
 
Posts: 2638
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:52 am
Location: Right Here

Postby TUFFGQ » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:27 pm

thebludger wrote:put this in the gq it did not have one so it wont suck hot air in off the motor now soon i'll have a snorkel

Image


looks 10 times better in there.
User avatar
TUFFGQ
SAND MINER
SAND MINER
 
Posts: 520
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:13 pm
Location: Newcastle

Postby Evil » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:47 pm

Hmmm Chris make sure you hit every join on the factory air intake piping with a heat proff glue

They are pron to suck mud and water through those the plastic joins that's why i removed mine because it sucked in mud though the join closest to the air box.

Just get some Heat proff glue and stick it all around the joins dont what to see ya killing ya carbi and having to pay $700+ for a carbi rebuild like i did
LWB Mav with extras
User avatar
Evil
MUD MAGNET
MUD MAGNET
 
Posts: 696
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:13 pm
Location: S/E Melbourne

Postby thebludger » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:54 pm

Evil-666 wrote:Hmmm Chris make sure you hit every join on the factory air intake piping with a heat proff glue

They are pron to suck mud and water through those the plastic joins that's why i removed mine because it sucked in mud though the join closest to the air box.

Just get some Heat proff glue and stick it all around the joins dont what to see ya killing ya carbi and having to pay $700+ for a carbi rebuild like i did


thanks mate i'll use some gaffa tape for this weekend

got a bullbar now but not putting it on yet going to turn it into a winch bar :D got the idea from luke
Im not a gyno but ill take a look at it for you!


Its a GQ thing, everyone understands

TOMORROW IS NEVER GUARANTEED
User avatar
thebludger
TOURER
TOURER
 
Posts: 2638
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:52 am
Location: Right Here

Postby Evil » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:28 pm

thebludger wrote:thanks mate i'll use some gaffa tape for this weekend

got a bullbar now but not putting it on yet going to turn it into a winch bar :D got the idea from luke



Sweet and No you cant mod ya bar" I put a Copy Right on my idea :D lol

Should be good got any questions about modding the bar just ask 8)
LWB Mav with extras
User avatar
Evil
MUD MAGNET
MUD MAGNET
 
Posts: 696
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:13 pm
Location: S/E Melbourne

PreviousNext

Return to BUILD UPS & ONGOING PROJECTS

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron