NEW Nissan Patrol. Reliable???

All General 4x4 Tech Discussion

Moderator: Moderator Team

NEW Nissan Patrol. Reliable???

Postby Stalker1 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:06 pm

G,day there :D

I'm new here, & need to get a bit of info on the 'current shape' 3L TD Patrol.

My questions are.
I'm not a hardcore 4x4 man but I do want a truck that is as bulletproof as my 3.4L Hilux.
WANT. Tough, reliable, climb a few biggish hills(nothing extreme) without a struggle/problems.
So, will the 'current' TD Patrol be a solid buy & has there been any problems on the current lineup :?:

Thanks in advance :wink:
Stalker1
SNATCH STRAP
SNATCH STRAP

Postby jeepers » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:31 pm

I think they sorted out the grenade 3.0l turbo engine which would self destruct at anytime in the models before 2003 or so.But if you havent driven one they arent a power house pushing a big truck like that around so plan to increase power or snails will give you a run at the lights :D :D driveline is pretty bulletproof though!
Last edited by jeepers on Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jeepers
TOURER
TOURER

Postby G Unit » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:35 pm

off the showroom floor they are as tough as anything out there and for general use they wont let you down.

Only time will tell if the ZD30 issues have really been solved but as the owner of a 2003 patrol i still get a little nervous when odd things happen.

The series 4 and 5 should be more reliable but who knows. If you have the choice and are genually concerned, keep an eye out for a good 4.2L but be prepared to pay a premium for it. If long distance touring is your main objective, go for a 6cyl espically if towing a camper or van.

The Nissan Patrol forum has plenty of info out there but keep in mind, forums are generally peoples opinions, not always facts...
I owe, I owe, its off to work i go...
G Unit
SHOW PONY
SHOW PONY

Postby fox shooter » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:47 am

Be patient and look around for a TD42T patrol in good nick you'll pay a bit more but it will serve you better in the long run.
fox shooter
SNATCH STRAP
SNATCH STRAP

Return to GENERAL 4x4 TECH DISCUSSION