35's on a troopie

All General 4x4 Tech Discussion

Moderator: Moderator Team

35's on a troopie

Postby dieseltech » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:49 pm

i seem to be getting mixed feedback from my searches on this topic.
some people say that 35's fit on their troopy with no lift no worries, some say 2" body lift, some say 2" body lift + 2" HD springs, and others say why bother..
i currently have 33"s and there seems to be plenty of room under the gaurds. what do you guy's think?
Troopy. lowered, bar'd, to be locked
dieseltech
SHOW PONY
SHOW PONY

Postby dudelux » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:36 am

Borrow your mates 35s and chuck them on to see for yourself.
I was running 31s on my Lux, and only have the 2inch body lift, then I put the 35s on, just to see if they would fit, as I was told no they wont fit without spring lift or cutting guards.
They fit and have been on since, only ran 31s for an hour to get through pink slip.
If you dont know anyone with some 35s for you to try, then ask here, Im sure someone will be able to lend you a set for an hour.
If you get no takers, then drive down to Wyong, Ill happily let you try mine if you need to.
1986 Hilux dual cab, 2in body lift, IFS rear springs, inverted rear Bilsteins, 33in Swampers, 35in Muddys, custom and homemade stuff, lots to come

1993 Pajero, 31in ATs, steel bullbar

2000 Wethepeople Thrillseeker, full Chromoly, 20in Alex Supra rims, 20in Maxxis rubber, Profile and Primo bits
dudelux
DAY TRIPPER
DAY TRIPPER

Postby G Unit » Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:29 pm

not sure if my 35's will have the same stud pattern or what ever but if you wanna try them on i have my high way tyres i can wack on mine in the mean time.
even with a 4" lift mine still scrub out on full flex, especially with the sway bars out. but really, if your at full flex you aint going to be going any faster then a slow walk so it doesnt matter too much, as long as nothing is going to actually cut the tyres.
most important thing is if you can still turn to full lock.

by the way, 35's will drain power pretty bad....
I owe, I owe, its off to work i go...
G Unit
SHOW PONY
SHOW PONY

35's

Postby dieseltech » Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:26 pm

thanks for the reply's guys. me truck doesnt really flex at all at the moment, i'm thinking about re-working the leafs first to see how much clearance i have. i know that the troopie will never really be very capable, it should be a great tourer though. alison is going to buy a new car soon, i might just wheel her's :wink: :wink:
Troopy. lowered, bar'd, to be locked
dieseltech
SHOW PONY
SHOW PONY

Postby Wineandmud » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:04 am

You can always extend the bump stops to reduce the scrubbing :D
80 Series on roids with bling-The big white rocket
84 Lux dual cab locked
R.I.P DMB
Gone but not forgotten

http://www.xtreme4x4.net.au/service.html
Wineandmud
SUPER SWAMPER
SUPER SWAMPER

Re: 35's on a troopie

Postby Aaron Schubert » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:00 pm

If you aren't struggling off road with 33's, I reckon its a waste of time.

With 33's, a decent suspension set up, maybe a rear locker and a bit of skill and you will go almost anywhere you want to.

To me, keep the vehicle as low as possible so long as it goes where you need it to

Aaron
Aaron Schubert
SNATCH STRAP
SNATCH STRAP

Return to GENERAL 4x4 TECH DISCUSSION