Opposite Lock challenge

For organised competitions & events Australia wide.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Opposite Lock challenge

Postby dudelux » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:43 pm

The Opposite Lock Challenge is on again.
Its been announced over on Outers, for those that are interested, heres the link.....

http://www.outerlimits4x4.com/viewtopic ... 4&t=227394

No details apart from dates yet, but Jamie from On All 4s has announced that he will be hosting the event once again.

Ive neer been to a Opposite Lock Challenge, but Im told its pretty much the same as the old Black Rat Challenges they used to run out at Dargle Park. Almost like a Jamboree style event.

The dates are June 9, 10 and 11. So the June long weekend.

If you guys that run ths All Aussie Club get the details on vehicle classes, or still have the regs for classes from last year, could you please let me know what they are.

I might have to join up and have a run. If youll have me that is.

I just wanted to let you guys know that its on again.
1986 Hilux dual cab, 2in body lift, IFS rear springs, inverted rear Bilsteins, 33in Swampers, 35in Muddys, custom and homemade stuff, lots to come

1993 Pajero, 31in ATs, steel bullbar

2000 Wethepeople Thrillseeker, full Chromoly, 20in Alex Supra rims, 20in Maxxis rubber, Profile and Primo bits
dudelux
DAY TRIPPER
DAY TRIPPER

Re: Opposite Lock challenge

Postby dudelux » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:27 pm

Hey again, this comp is quickly coming up.
Ive decided not to go to Son Of Trials, to focus on getting the Lux ready for this event, seems like alot more fun, and more of a challenge.

Theyve changed the regs for the classes, no body lift allowed in std class. I cut and pasted the edited version of the regs, here you go....

ALL CLASSES MUST HAVE REGO and 3rd PARTY PROPERTY regaurdless of class

Standard Class: Max of a 33"tyre and 2-3" of lift. No lockers only FACTORY rear LSD--------- NOTE NO BODY LIFT-------

Modified Class: Max of a 35" tyre and up to 4" of lift Only one Locker front or rear and factory LSD If car has dual lockers may elect to not use or disable one (pull Fuse ) to fall into this class if seen using both will get zero for that stage

Open Class: Max of a 37" tyre up 6" lift Dual diff lock and factory suspension mounts, aftermarket HD arms ok Helments required

Outlaw Class: No limits all suspension setups 'A' Frames, trianglated 4 Links etc coil conversion to leaf sprung trucks etc Helmets and window nets required.

According to these, Im in modified class, I now need to fit a locker, but only 1, if I fit both my lockers, Im in open class, running on 33s, with no suspension lift, against guys with 37s.

Are you guys in the AA4x4Club planning on going to this?? Is the club competing???
1986 Hilux dual cab, 2in body lift, IFS rear springs, inverted rear Bilsteins, 33in Swampers, 35in Muddys, custom and homemade stuff, lots to come

1993 Pajero, 31in ATs, steel bullbar

2000 Wethepeople Thrillseeker, full Chromoly, 20in Alex Supra rims, 20in Maxxis rubber, Profile and Primo bits
dudelux
DAY TRIPPER
DAY TRIPPER

Return to COMPS & EVENTS